Monday, March 31, 2014

DIY: YOU'LL FEEL BETTER


It's so much more fulfilling when you replace, repair, or repaint something yourself. Not to mention the fact that it'll look a whole lot better.

This weekend I thought I'd take the time to paint the kid's bathroom; mostly because Tanner, my other half (to be) did some plumbing and drywall work a few days prior. 

I've heard all the hubbub about volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and started doing some homework. That explained a lot about the severe sore throat that comes after every time I paint. 

Thank you, Valspar Ultra (Paint & Primer, Zero VOCs and Low Odor) for making painting indoors bearable! 

I used to be a Behr fan, but until they can make a paint and primer that can skip the negativity that surrounds paint; I'm all Valspar! Sure I used a paint color from the Behr ColorSmart collection, but who hasn't?


Wall Color: Behr Coastal Beige

After caulking the baseboards, I painted the them along with the door and door trim in Ultra Pure White! This made a huge difference right off the bat. We went from Coastal Beige to Toasted Marshmallow on the walls (just a wee bit lighter). 

Wall Color: Behr Toasted Marshmellow

We could barely smell any fumes and I didn't get a sore throat or headache at all! Usually, I have to plan a slumber party at a friend or relatives for the next couple nights. What a nice change of pace. 



And the bathroom looks like a million bucks! Time to kick back, grab a glass of Alamos' Malbec, and relax.

Paint responsibly, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment