Friday, May 23, 2014

NEW TERRAIN


My other half was kind enough to give me a little weekend time to myself. I hopped on a flight with my sister-in-law and met our mother-in-law in the mountains of North Carolina.


Every time I’m there I feel the need to be outdoors. It’s a far cry from Florida’s constant heat and flat land. It’s refreshing.



Hiking is much more exciting when you can indulge in the views of a lakes, wooded forests, and waterfalls all in one trip. Much less mundane than the constant pine trees and dying grasses on the trails around my part of Florida. Much more demanding, as well.










The sounds and atmosphere of North Carolina’s DuPont State Forest commands your attention. Mother Nature painted everything in such detail that you can’t help but appreciate all of the vibrant greens, deep browns; the freshness of the air is almost breathe taking in itself.




You don’t have to be submerged in the more wooded areas of North Carolina to appreciate the arts and awareness of nature that the locals feel every day.






 Once in a while it’s nice to get away from the hustle and bustle, or maybe just that daily routine that’s started controlling your every move. See something different. Enjoy it. Just dive right in.







No comments:

Post a Comment