Wednesday, March 26, 2014

SHEESH, KID.

After almost three years of daycare and about 780 days of inconsolable sobbing mixed with prying the little guy from my leg, I thought it'd be over. 

I've been bringing our little guy to daycare from an early age, and yet he still gets upset. He's always been easily conned into a quick goodbye with food, games, or a favorite movie... until this week. With a 4th birthday around the corner, his vocabulary, and the ability to identify feelings he's now able to add on the statement: "I don't want you to leave, mommy!" and "I want to spend the whole day with you, mommy!" through tears and wails.

Way to break my heart, kid.

Thanks to the wonderful staff at his daycare and their ablility to utilize some classic misdirection; only a minute later I can hear him laughing on the other side of the door.

It really does take a village.


Still gets to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment